Nullification is the Rightful Remedy!
Definition of Nullification: Any act or set of acts which has as its result a particular law being rendered legally null and void, or unenforceable in practice. ~ Tenth Amendment Center
The federal government does NOT have a monopoly on determining the constitutionality of a law. Neither does the Supreme Court! When a federal law violates the Constitution, that law is ipso facto null and void. It is up to the states to declare it such and refuse to enforce it.
In the absence of responsible national legislative, executive, or judicial branches of government, the People have two powerful remedies at their disposal to reign in Washington, D.C.’s constant, unconstitutional power grabs – Convention of the States and Nullification.
Because of its massive size and reach, the federal government has become more and more dependent on state and local support to carry out its laws and regulatory programs. It is imperative that state and local officials resist offering assistance to federal agencies within their jurisdiction as they attempt to enforce unconstitutional federal laws and regulations.
- Federalist #46 – The message of Federalist #46, written by James Madison, was to express the fact that the power of the state governments is greater than that of the federal government, which is supposed to be a distant and largely insignificant force in our daily lives.
- The idea is that the states are sovereign and the feds have very limited jurisdiction. State legislatures pass laws prohibiting state enforcement of unconstitutional federal laws. No state resources can be used.
- Tenth Amendment Center State of the Nullification Movement Report
- Liberty Classroom – Nullification Objections
- The Virginia and Kentucky Resolutions of 1798 and 1799 – Mises.org
- Brion McClanahan podcast – Episode 92: Nullification and Consent
- Tom Woods
- Nullification – How to Resist Federal Tyranny in the 21st Century
- Episode 9: Nullification: Reply to Objections
- Episode 69: Nullification in 2014
- Episode 82: Walter Williams on Nullification, Secession, and More
- Episode 105: A Lost Tale of Nullification
- Episode 190: State of the Nullification Movement
- Episode 327: Tom Woods and Michael Boldin Podcast on Nullification
- Episode 608: Nullification and the Withdrawal of Consent
- Fugitive Slave Act 1850 – Vermont nullified it.
- Common Core
- Asset Forfeiture
- Federal Gun Control laws
- Raw Milk sales (Tenth Amendment Center)