The Constitution is “a charter of negative liberties. It says what the states can’t do to you. Says what the federal government can’t do to you but doesn’t say what the federal government or state government must do on your behalf.”
In his farewell address he said, “Our Constitution is a remarkable, beautiful gift. But it’s really just a piece of parchment. It has no power on its own. We, the people, give it power – with our participation, and the choices we make.”
- NLRB ruling struck down by Supreme Court
- Recess appointments struck down by Supreme Court?
- Immigration amnesty granting of work permits struck down by Supreme Court
- Drone strikes on American citizens
- Failure to enforce federal immigration laws
- Executive Orders
- NSA Spying
- Lawsuit against Arizona for enforcing federal immigration laws.