Federal labor laws are unconstitutional . . . . . .
- Minimum wage
Of course, I oppose all minimum wage laws! It is not the job of the government to set a minimum price for labor any more than it is the job of the government to set a minimum price for bananas.
~ Laurence M. Vance
It’s the low-income workers, the ones that minimum wage hikes are intended to help, that end up getting hurt the most when misinformed liberal politicians decide to meddle in labor markets.
~ Dara Lee and Michael Luca (Harvard)
- The Truth About Minimum Wage – Pritical Thinking
- The New York Times finally comes to grips with the downside of raising the minimum wage.
- Minimum Wage Rates by Milton Friedman September 26, 1966
- Walter E. Williams
- State Minimum Wage Hike Expected to Cost 2.6 Million Jobs & American Action Forum
- The Racist History of Minimum Wage Laws – Mises.org
- Each $1 Minimum Wage Hike Causes 4-10% Increase In Restaurant Failures – Harvard
- Seattle’s Minimum Wage Supporters Ignore the Facts – Mises.org
- Labor laws always hurt those that they claim to help. Only through economic advancement from saving and investing can people escape poverty.
- OSHA – Occupational Safety and Health Administration
- NLRB – National Labor Relations Board. Started in 1935 by . . . FDR! Strike One!